Approximately 25 DNP candidates are selected yearly for admission to the school. Admission to the school is very competitive and selection is based on academic achievement, professional nursing experience, professional and personal accomplishments, recommendations, and an interview with the Admissions Committee. Qualified individuals are eligible for admission regardless of age, race or ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or other protected status. Applicants with disabilities will be considered on an individual basis.
- Admission is competitive; meeting all of the following admission criteria does not guarantee admission to the School. Applications will be considered active for two sequential years.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- A minimum compiled GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale from the last 40 semester hours/60 quarter hours of college coursework is required for admission.
- Nursing school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale is required for admission. Science GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is desirable.
- Current an unrestricted registered nurse license in the current state of practice
- Current and unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of Illinois prior to matriculation
- Minimum of two years of critical care nursing experience.
- Current and ongoing employment in the critical care setting.
- Acceptable critical care experience includes: ICU, MICU, SICU, CCU, CTICU, CVICU, NeuroICU and PICU.
- College level Organic Chemistry (lecture only) within the last 5 years prior to matriculation
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Shadow day with a CRNA
- Test of Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be required for applicants who speak English as a second language.
- Computer competency, Internet access, and a current e-mail account.
- Interview with Admissions Committee.
- Degree-seeking individuals must apply to DePaul www.depaul.edu/apply within three weeks of acceptance.
- Physical exam, proof of immunizations, drug screen, and criminal background check is required prior to matriculation.
- A non-refundable matriculation fee of $2000.00 is required within 3 weeks of acceptance.
An individual who withdrew in good standing may apply for readmission. An individual who was dismissed from the School because of failure to meet didactic requirements may also apply for readmission. An individual who was dismissed from the School because of failure to meet clinical practicum objectives will not be eligible for readmission.
Because of the unique design and content of the curriculum, the School does not accept transfer students.
Students may transfer a maximum of 9 semester hours/12 quarter hours in core nursing courses.
Questions concerning admission to the NorthShore University HealthSystem School of Nurse Anesthesia should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.