NorthShore is pleased to offer COVID-19 Antibody Testing, also known as Serology Testing, to our patients and community. Through a simple blood draw we can test for specific antibodies produced in response to a COVID-19 infection.
A positive result can:
- Confirm your exposure to COVID-19.
- Help you understand potential exposure risk for your family and others with whom you have had close contact.
- Provide insight into your personal health and safety practices.
This is not a test for active infection. Additionally, at this time it is unclear whether people with a positive result may be less susceptible to future infection. As we learn more about exposure patterns, we can better understand COVID-19 and the ongoing risk to our community.
- The test requires an order from an authorized medical provider.
- This test is available for all ages at NorthShore lab sites throughout our community.
- The test does not require fasting.
- The test costs $150 and may be fully or partially covered by your insurance provider. If you have any questions about your cost share, please contact your insurance provider. Click here if you are uninsured or have questions about financial assistance.
- While no medical testing is flawless, our rigorous validation process ensures that you will receive the best test currently known to us.
- If you are a healthcare worker, please consider sharing your test result in a secure manner directly with your organization's employee health department.
- You may have a current COVID-19 infection and test negative for antibodies, as it takes time for your body to generate a large enough volume to be detected in this blood test. If you believe you are at-risk for current COVID-19 infection, please learn more about your care options.
Learn more about antibody testing from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.