- Most hospital visiting hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily; however, other clinical settings/locations may vary. Please see visitor policies related to other care settings below
- Masks are optional for all patients and visitors, unless otherwise indicated.
- Masks are required in the following high-risk area: Evanston ISCU
- Masks are recommended in areas where we are caring for patients who are at a higher risk of infection.
Mask up if:
- You are sick
- Are recovering from COVID-19
- Are visiting a designated high-risk area
- Visitors must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the hospital or care site.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Visitors, please consider postponing your visit of a patient if you’re sick.
- Intensive Care Unit/IMCU: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time.
- Medical Surgical Units: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Two visitors for semi-private room, four visitors for private room.
- Mother/Baby Units: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. One person allowed to stay overnight. No children under the age of 18 are allowed to stay overnight during post-partum period.
Galter Medical Pavilion:
- Labor and Delivery: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Support person (24 hour overnight privileges). 1 designated visitor and 1 doula that meets criteria (does not count as a visitor). No children under the age of 18.
- Antepartum: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Support person (overnight privileges). 2 visitors per day (not including support person) during visiting hours. Children under 12 may visit antepartum patients during sibling visitation from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Mother/Baby: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. • Support person 24 hours a day (overnight privileges, not counted as a visitor). 2 additional visitors at a time during visiting hours. Visitors must be >12 years of age. Sibling visitation time (for those under 12 years of age) is from 4:00 pm – 6:00pm and limited to siblings of the same household. Siblings must pass health screen and come with a designated adult supervisor who is not the patient.
- Intermediate Care Nursery: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. No visitors under 18 years of age. Parents only, 2 per bedside at a time. Able to visit 24 hours per day, except at shift change.
- Medical Surgical Units: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily
- Acute Rehab: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily
- Inpatient Psychiatry: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays
Patient Room Details
Upon admission to the hospital, patients will receive a copy of our Patient Handbook, which contains information about your stay.
Swedish Hospital is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all who enter our facility. All Swedish Hospital employees wear picture identification badges while on duty. The hospital has a closed-circuit monitoring system that records activities in key areas of the hospital and parking facility.
Services for Those With Disabilities
To ensure that patients with impaired sensory, mobility or speaking skills have an equal opportunity to benefit from hospital services, a variety of resources and services are available. For more information, call 773.878.8200, ext. 1700.
Galter LifeCenter is Chicago's only certified medical fitness center, located on our hospital's campus. For more information, call 773.878.9936.