Centering Pregnancy is a concept developed by Centering Healthcare Institute. The concept embraces patient-centered care, empowers, and educates patients, and builds connections with other pregnant women.
The pregnancy visit schedule and discussion content follow nationally recognized guidelines with flexibility and time to explore health and wellness topics.
NorthShore providers, located at 7676 Park Ave. West in Highland Park, have embraced the Centering Pregnancy concept into their practice. We are currently welcoming new members to join our Centering Pregnancy Program.
- Better health outcomes
- More time with your provider
- Patient-centered care with support and friendship
The Centering Visit
- Join fellow parents for social time
- Birthing parents engage in their own care by taking and recording their own vitals
- Private time with your provider for a health assessment and belly check
- Facilitators lead discussions and interactive activities to address health topics
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Centering?
Centering is patient-centered care. The visit schedule and content follow nationally recognized guidelines with flexibility and time to explore health and wellness topics that fit your needs.
How does it work?
You will experience small, interactive, and fun group sessions with pregnant people just like you. Centering group prenatal care follows the recommended schedule of 10 prenatal visits, but each visit is 90 minutes to two hours long – giving women 10x more time with their provider.
How can I sign up or learn more?
Please call 847.841.7600 to learn more. Your sessions will be scheduled in advance, and you can return to individual care any time you like.