Effective 10/1/2023 Sema4/GeneDx has been discontinued in processing genetic testing associated with the Genetic and Wellness Assessment. Patients with an increased risk will now have testing through Invitae and their insurance will be billed. Patients will receive a call from Invitae if their out-of-pocket cost is greater than $100. Patients with a decreased risk will test through Color at a cost of $199.
Effective 10/1/2023, we have partnered with Color to deliver our Genetic Health Screen testing at a cost of $199.
- You can access the Color portal for insights and participate in research if interested. For assistance, call Color directly at 844-352-6567.
- This test provides valuable genetic insights about risk for cancer, heart conditions, and how your body processes certain medications.
- Your clinical results are integrated with your NorthShore Electronic Medical Record and accessible to you and your physician.
- Interpretation of results can change with new data. For example, some patients are identified as carriers of ‘Variants of Uncertain Significance’ or ‘VUS’. This means that a variant was identified in which the clinical impact is not fully understood. Should a variant be reclassified as being significant or benign, NorthShore will contact you via NorthShoreConnect. Color will also update your Color online account.
- You can call 847.570.GENE(4363) if you have any questions about your previous testing.